About The Neo-Futurists
The following was shamelessly ripped from The Neo-Futurists' web site. Run on over there to see much, much more.
The Neo-Futurists are a collective of wildly productive writer/director/performers who create:
- Theater that is fusion of sport, poetry, and living-newspaper.
- Non-illusory, interactive performance that conveys our experiences and ideas as directly and honestly as possible.
- Immediate, unreproducable events at headslappingly affordable prices.
- We embrace those unreached or unmoved by conventional theater-inspiring them to thought, feeling, and action.
Our Statement of Purpose
As a group, we are dedicated to:
- Strengthening the human bond between performer and audience. We feel that the more sincere and genuine we can be on stage, the greater the audiences identification with the unadorned people and issues before them.
- Embracing a form of non-illusory theater in order to present our lives and ideas as directly as possible. All of our plays are set on the stage in front of the audience. All of our characters are ourselves. All of our stories really happened. All of our tasks are actual challenges. We do not aim to "suspend the audience's disbelief," but to create a world where the stage is a continuation of daily life.
- Embracing the moment through audience interaction and planned obsolescence. In order to keep ourselves as alive on stage as possible, we interweave elements of chance and change — contradicting the expected and eliminating the permanent.
- Presenting inexpensive art for the general public. We aim to influence the widest audience possible by keeping our ticket prices affordable and our productions intellectually and emotionally challenging yet accessible.
"Oh, I get it!"